Xavier and I went to pick Sonora up a few minutes early. He nearly blew a gasket because we couldn't just waltz right in and take her home, but finally after an interminable 5 minutes, the bell rang.
She was tired, hot, and cranky. He was clingy and needy. She snapped at him and he almost died from the rejection. Then, this happened:
Xavier: Sonora? Are you still my best friend?
Sonora: Yes. I'll always be your best friend. And tomorrow I can spend the whole day with you.
Xavier: Yay!
Sonora: But then, in two days, I'll have to go back to school.
Xavier: I don't want you to go back to school! I will cry for you. I will just cry for you!
I don't remember what happened next, I was driving after all. But then a few moments later, I heard:
Xavier: Sonora? Are you crying?
Sonora: Yes.
Xavier: I love you.
Part Jane Goodall, part Mary Poppins, part Miss Hannigan. Not a significant source of Martha Stewart.