Today is Sonora's first day of Kindergarten. This morning we attended the Boohoo Breakfast for Kindergarteners and their families in the cafeteria. Hmmm. Maybe doughnuts are not the best choice to serve to several hundred emotionally fragile people. Or perhaps it is the perfect choice. The jury is out on that one.
Then, as the time came for class to begin, the teachers lined up their students, one class at a time, and led them back to their respective classrooms. A brilliant idea, I think, so the hallways are not clogged up with tearful, clinging, reluctant... parents.
I am feeling more fragile than I thought I would. What did it? Xavier saying tearfully, in the saddest voice I may have ever heard, "I hear a song. A sad song about Xavier crying for Sonora."
I had planned some fun activities for him, but all he wanted to do was go home. I think so he could wash the donut frosting off of his hands. He is fine now, watching Toy Story 2 on his beloved "DVD computer" (for those in the know, that is the little blue portable DVD player that travels with us). And playing with Sonora's Bendaroos. :) I think he will find the advantages of having some sibling-free hours soon enough.
Here are some pictures from this morning. Enjoy!