Part Jane Goodall, part Mary Poppins, part Miss Hannigan. Not a significant source of Martha Stewart.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Yes-whereland

Sonora has been captivated by imaginary playmnates. She thinks that Maggie and the Ferocious Beast in Nowhereland should really be in Yes-whereland.

And all day she has been making up new adventures based on The Magic Treehouse audio books we got from Wendy's kids meals. She is Annie, so that means I am Jack. Also, we have to sing our own version of the song that is included at the end of each audiobook, which is from the musical version of TMTH.

Xavier is talking more and more. He loves to say "Fweeee!" [Freeze!] Which he learned playing Freeze Tag with Sonora and our amazing babysitters Sam and Stephanie. Today he said a 3 word sentence, but I cannot remember what it was. When we read 5 Little Monkeys, he loves to point his fingers and shout, "No More!" [Monkeys Jumping On the Bed.]

In fact, I have become so tired of saying No to him and hearing him say No, that I have even been reduced to getting all PC with the 5 little monkeys today after Sonora and Xavier were having a ball jumping on the bed. Here's my version:

Five little monkeys relaxing on the bed,
One fell asleep and Mama patted his head,
Mama called the doctor and the doctor said,
"Yes! Little monkeys should be re-laxing on the bed!"

Amazingly, they bought it. This time. I think I actually saw relief on X's face whenever I said the last line. Hmmmmmm.

Oh yeah, and X quotes Chicka Chicka Boom Boom... whenever I say the words Skit Skat Skoodle Doot, he gets a big proud grin on his face and says, "Flip Flop Flee!"