Part Jane Goodall, part Mary Poppins, part Miss Hannigan. Not a significant source of Martha Stewart.

Friday, September 11, 2009

School Daze

Sonora had a rough start this week at preschool, so it didn't surprise me to hear her crying after bedtime last night. I went in and asked her what was wrong. She sobbed, "My foot! My foot!" nearly incoherently. I tried putting socks on, I checked her foot, which seemed fine, to no avail. She appeared to really be feeling pain and she had banged her toes on that foot earlier in the evening, so I gave her a dose of Tylenol. Then I laid back down with her in bed, and we had this conversation:

Sonora: It still hurts!
Me: You have to give it a little bit of time for the medicine to work.
...A few minutes later...
Sonora: Mommy, my foot is feeling better!
Me: That's great!
Sonora: It just moved up into my leg now.
Me: Oh, that's too bad.
Sonora: It will just keep moving up through my body. It will just come out through my forehead at school in the morning.
Me: Oh yeah? I hope so.
Sonora: Yeah, it's just my blood pressure.