Part Jane Goodall, part Mary Poppins, part Miss Hannigan. Not a significant source of Martha Stewart.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

How the Mighty Have Fallen

Add this to the list of things I never thought I would say: Thank God for Barney.

We successfully resisted the purple dinosaur for 4.5 years. Sonora barely knew he existed, except for a couple of close calls with Barney toys and books. But she (Sonora) chose a $5 Barney video for Xavier at Target the other day. I died a little inside, but didn't make Grandma Sue put it back. And am I glad for that.

Tonight after a long and energetic day, she went to sleep with a smile. We watched the video at bedtime and she looked more relaxed and happy than she has since the Big Move started. I think it was pure escapism, and for that I salute you, Barney.