Which is what Sonora has been calling it. Hmmmm....
Tonight after bathtime she was unusually subdued - the usual bath aftermath is wild and crazy running and jumping and wrestling and giggling. But tonight Sonora was content to sit on the sofa quietly and watch TV. Only, if Xavier would climb up beside her she would scream bloody murder when he touched her leg.
And I almost forgot, the tearful request for a wheelchair for her fifth birthday.
Shortly after that, she told me that she had broken her leg, and would I please pick her up and put her down on the rug? But she wouldn't let me examine her leg, she screamed and panicked every time I tried. So of course I asked her how she broke her leg. She gave me a rambling story about a puddle in the yard that she didn't see and she slipped and fell and broke her leg. Obviously, she was concocting the most plausible sounding explanation she could imagine. I let it go though. (As you have probably figured out, I think she must have hurt her leg during some unsanctioned activity like climbing on the back of furniture. I am pretty sure the accident must have scared/hurt her enough to make her worry about her leg, but not enough for her to come out and tell me what she did and suffer the consequences.)
End of story, at bedtime I finally overrode her protest and checked her leg. Yup, it was skinned a bit and bruised, but not broken. So I casually pronounced that it would be better in the morning. Over the next 5-10 minutes as we finished the pre-bedtime bathroom routine her stiff legged limp improved rapidly. I predict a full recovery, until such time as she is old enough to read this blog... :-P
Part Jane Goodall, part Mary Poppins, part Miss Hannigan. Not a significant source of Martha Stewart.